2-6 Teaching in English
You might choose to offer courses at your department in English to give your students the opportunity to practice their English or it may simply be a requirement. You could apply for teaching scholarships that take you to different countries or simply inquire with a university if they ac-cept applications by Visiting Lecturers. However, you'd like to know more about the basics and rules of teaching in English first and practice the language before taking these steps.
- to familiarize participants with important conventions of the English language,
- to point to essential differences between teaching in German and English and
- to give input and tools for successfully teaching in English.
- introduction to linguistic tools for different phases of a course session
- common mistakes
- peculiarities of teaching in English abroad and at home
- grading of assignments in English
- practice English
- English language and culture
- online resources for grammar and pronunciation